Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fresh this Week from Rohrer's Meats

Greetings from the farm. I will be returning to Frederick this Saturday, March 5. I will be at the Dutch Plant Farm from 10 AM until noon. I have some product in my freezer that I would like to move. I have an abundance of pork ribs which will be offered this week at buy 2 get 1 free. I also have a few turkeys which I will offer at 20% off. Weights are 12, 16, 20, and 22 pounds. These specials are good as long as my supply lasts, so it might be a good idea to order ahead.

I have some other "unusual" meats which I can bring if you ask in advance. I have beef heart, tongue, and liver; pork heart, tongue, and liver; lamb kidneys and liver; and chicken hearts, liver, and 1 pack of gizzards. These meats make good pet food as well.

Lamb sausage and Canadian bacon, popular products that I don't always have, are supposed to ready this week as well. Joan plans to make ham salad and red velvet whoopie pies.

Beef this week will include strip, ribeye, porterhouse, sirloin, skirt, and flank steaks; sirloin tip, eye round, and chuck roasts; steak burgers, ground round, stew cubes, and shin bones with meat. Pork will include boneless loin roasts, pork chops; spare, country style, and baby back ribs; boneless butts, ground pork, bacon, Canadian bacon, and a limited amount of pulled pork. Applewurst, maple, and country sausage are fresh while mild Italian, hot Italian, bratwurst, and sage are frozen. Lamb will include butterflied leg, boneless shoulder roasts, kabob cubes, loin chops, arm chops, racks, shanks, ground lamb, and lamb sausage. I will also have chicken wings, back/necks, Cornish hens, eggs, and cheese, including Caprikorn's goat's milk cheeses.

Eat fresh, be well, and I will see you at the market.

Danny

Rohrer's Meats
301-432-8350
Dakarohfarm@aol.com

No comments: